torsdag den 12. marts 2009

Muesli


We ran out of muesli yesterday. I have been in a bad habit lately using store-bought muesli
- even I know I make a better and healthier one myself.
So I pulled myself together and actually it doesn’t take that much time.

Muesli
6 cups rolled oats (500 g)
3/4 cup sunflower seeds (100 g)
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (100 g)
1 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I use almonds and hazelnuts)(200 g)
1/2 cup maple syrup (1 dl)
1/2 cup water (1 dl)
1 1/2 cup of dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries)(200 g)

Turn the oven on 325 degree F (160 degree C).
Mix all the dry ingredients together except from the dried fruit in a large bowl.
Mix syrup and water and pour it in the bowl. Mix thoroughly in order to distribute the syrup.
Spread the mixture out on two sheet pans and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Stir the mixture thoroughly and bake 15 minutes. And stir the mixture thoroughly and bake 15 minutes again.
Let it cool on the pans and add the dried fruit. Store in a couple of air tight containers.

I eat fresh fruit with yoghurt and muesli almost every morning and Mathilde enjoys yoghurt and muesli as an after school snack.
Posted by Picasa

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar